280zx Gearbox

Mr.F

Inactive
Forgot to mention when we talked - I have a set of 280ZX brass toothed synchros in stock.

Mr.G

Club Member
Not sure if this could be of interest or not but I have a gearbox for sale, it was mated to an L28 when I purchased it, I don't know what it was originally in though, possibly a Nissan Patrol...

Here is a photograph, perhaps someone can identify it...?

Attachments

• 2017-10-04 18.45.59.jpg
    2017-10-04 18.45.59.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 71

Vaughan

Club Member
Thanks Mr G but I don't think that looks like a 280zx to me,maybe a Nissan Cabster.But thanks anyway!

STEFAN HAM

Forum User
Igot what your looking for

Hi
This may just may be your lucky day. I have what your looking for. One 280zx manual gearbox.
Im also in Devon, just outside Plymouth in Ivybridge PL21 9DB.
If you are still interested make me an offer.
Phone number 07850310754.
The only info i can give you about the gearbox i removed it from a running 280zx 2 seater donor car and was working perfectly when removed.
Stef :thumbs:

Farmer42

Club Member
Stefan

Were you at the Classic show at Ugbrooke House back in August?

I was chatting to someone from Plymouth that was trying to restore a 280ZX but was struggling to find parts, especially panels but I couldn't remember the name. There can't be many 280ZX owners in that part of the world.

STEFAN HAM

Forum User
Hi
No, alas it was not me in Ugbrooke House. Restoring a 280zx is not easy, due to the lack of interest in the model in the early years. The best way in my case was to buy a donor car when there were plenty available.
Hope you find your missing contact.
Regards
Stef