280Z TV show car

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Aside from the front bumper and the wierd thing going on with the stripe opening out to cover it, I quite like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Aside from the front bumper and the wierd thing going on with the stripe opening out to cover it, I quite like it

Agreed.

Have you seen their other cars e.g. Bentley!

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Ah, is it the program with Kaan as the boss? The Bentley they turned into a off roader?

Sam_C

Club Member

Yes, to put that awful front end on in the first place was a mistake. To then paint it in a scheme that shouts "look at this front end!!!"...well, words fail me! Good news is that 10 minutes with a cutting disk would have it sorted.

Sam_C

Club Member
Sean.... this might answer your query about values of "retro-modded" Z values from your other thread. (I doubt it's a coincidence you posted that the other day...). Not looking good so far though...£41K spent, £8K current bid. Mighty put a bid in myself, just for the pleasure of smashing that "21st century" spoiler to pieces!

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Has anyone got a link to the show? I tried Supercar Megabuild (the one with Kahn) but can’t find it.

It looks unfinished right now, but would make a great parts bin if you got it at the right price! The ‘vintage’ throttle bodies and engine mgmt are £3k, a Jarman engine must be worth a few quid.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sean.... this might answer your query about values of "retro-modded" Z values from your other thread. (I doubt it's a coincidence you posted that the other day...��). Not looking good so far though...£41K spent, £8K current bid. Mighty put a bid in myself, just for the pleasure of smashing that "21st century" spoiler to pieces!

Perhaps:rolleyes: but even if sold at a loss, the object in question will have animated a show and therefore money in the bank ! And more publicity for the production company won't hurt their future contracts.

I would have thought a TV show would have gone for a more unique look rather than cloning someone else's project!

https://www.ztrix.com/280yz-kits/madlangbayan-280yz.html

Why be original when you can copy ? No offence but TV shows are all about saving time so copying does and investigative 'journalism' doesn't !

Why do you think that (almost) every press article re-hashes previous drivel as if it's fact ?

Dougs260z

Club Member
Be careful, I don't think the ebay seller knows anything about the car. These look like 45 DCOE webers to me not throttle bodies, the engine looks slightly short perhaps L26. No radiator, no glass only track perspex, can't see exhaust. Side and front indicators, no front number plate. All this can be fixed but what else is there that is not quite correct. It looks like it was built for the track. There is little clearance on that rear tyre. How much would it then cost to get it through an MOT?

Sellers comments
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your message and pointing those bits out...
We are getting all of those things mentioned below sorted on the car, our aim is to sell the car with a fresh 12 months MOT. Maybe I should make that clear on the advert...
I'm not sure what engine it is, I believe it's the one which would have come with the car and has been rebuilt / tuned.
The mileage since rebuild could total unto 200.
Thanks