240Z Wiring Diagram

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I know this has been asked before with limited success but here goes:

Does any one have an electronic copy or know where I can find a wiring diagram for a UK 240Z?

I have various copies of diagrams but they don't seem accurate.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I have one as an A3 poster ... might be a US one though - in fact I think it is ... !

As you were ...

4GrG0YN8.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The reason I'm asking is that I want to produce a decent one for my blue car and I want to simplify my wiring as much as possible. There are so many irrelevant wires on these cars however I also want to include the aftermarket stuff too e.g. 280 Dizzy (no ballast), 280 alternator, Honda wiper motor, relayed headlights, electric fuel pump, second fuse box, master switch.

I'm also re-doing fusible links.

johnymd

Club Member
I'd forgotten I created that Rob.

For the 280z I've opted for a complete new wiring harness. I'm starting with a 21 circuit EZ wiring harness that I will alter to suit my needs. The kit is £260 and should make the job easier as well as any future fault finding.

Kieronpollock

Club Member
By the way I did find this link a few days ago but it's still not 100% UK e.g. Steering lock switch, fog lams (I have the red wire though) no blower wiring etc.

John's shown his additions which might be useful to others.

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17022
Hi
Just starting my UK 204z resto and looking to add pretty much all of the additional components you mentioned in your post 4 years ago. Did you get it sorted and if so do you have a wiring diagram you could share? Thanks

Texasroadrunner

Club Member
I ran across an excellent electrical schematic done by Ace King in the US, that owns a '71 Z. It has been very helpful to me. It has labeled plugged connections of all the circuits. Also, it's color coded and very easy to follow.
Take a look. http://ace240z.com/images/Ace King 240z New Wiring Diagram 2020.pdf His website has a lot of the history of his restoration with several great tips, if you go to it.
He's very friendly and will answer emailed questions. Ace240z.com

Texasroadrunner