240z steel wheels

johnymd

Club Member
I'm on the lookout for some steel wheels. I'd like to find something in 15" that I can get banded. I've got a couple of 14" zed wheels that I'm thinking of using but I need at least one more.

Any suggestions on a newer car steel wheel that will fit?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm on the lookout for some steel wheels. I'd like to find something in 15" that I can get banded. I've got a couple of 14" zed wheels that I'm thinking of using but I need at least one more.

Any suggestions on a newer car steel wheel that will fit?

Good idea John, it will be interesting to see the result.

A couple plus one = 3 in 'my book'.

What width are your couple of steels?

http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/archive/index.php/t-7037.html

Looks like TR6 wheels may do for you John?

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheels-finder

Last edited by a moderator:

atomman

Club Member
I brought some Nissan Almera steels off eBay for my last Z for banding at £39.99 ,

Same PCD but the bore is smaller but i was running spacers so this was fine, dont think there is a 4 x 114 PCD with a 76 bore out there,

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Banding was very common in 60/70's before alloy wheels came along.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnymd

Club Member
Rob - I have 3 but would like to keep one as a spare for the silver car. So one will help at a push but could do with 2 if I go for 14" banded wheels.

I had thought about the almera wheels but not sure what the back spacing is. Didn't know about the centre size so thanks for that info.

The current wheels seem to suit the car, especially in red, so I'd like to continue that theme. They are a bit small though in width and diameter. I have some spacers I could fit to improve the look a bit.

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Very popular on the VW scene, quite like the look if done properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Another person who's just learnt something new today, I've never heard of this before!

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
banded steels

I have a had few sets of banded steels on my v dubs, surprised that few people haven't heard of banding I live up in the hills of Holmfirth out the way :)

Attachments

• 30072012014.jpg
    30072012014.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 30072012012.jpg
    30072012012.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 20
  • band.jpg
    band.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 18