240Z Carb Heat Shield Manifold | The Z Club of Great Britain

240Z Carb Heat Shield Manifold

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by Woody928, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

As above I'm looking for the heat shield that is meant to sit below the stock carburetors and has the throttle return springs mounted onto it. Show me what you've got? :thumbs:

Out of curiosity did these change depending on the year? as I've seen different versions/shapes from my searches.

Cheers,

Mark

2. samuri-240

samuri-240 New Forum User

Hi Mark I have atleast 1 but that will have to go with the carbs & filter box when I sell them. If I find another whilst in the loft I'll let you know.
    As for differences I know the 260 one is a different shape & larger than the 240 one.

3. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member

4. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Thanks for sharing that's understandable. If you find anything then that would be much appreciated. Cheers for the response.

Thanks Sean, that's really helpful, given my car was manufactured in September 1970 it looks like I'm after the one as pictured below according to Ztherapy.

[​IMG]

If anyone has one of those going spare that they'd be willing to part with then that would be much appreciated.

5. Albrecht

Albrecht Active Forum User

Had a bit of a root around in the garages this afternoon, and found this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's solid, not rusty or bent and with a bit of elbow work and a lick of paint it should do the trick.

If you give me an address, I'll post it to you early next week.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo 1978 260z in yellow

thats an early one without the cutout for the breather hose.
    would be a shame to have to cut holes in it

7. Albrecht

There are another couple in the garages, of the slightly later style. One of those might be more appropriate.

I think the remains of all that air pump gubbins ought to come off the engine, myself.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo 1978 260z in yellow

oh yeah its for the hot air riser off the exhaust wasnt it, i had forgotten about that.
    i was confusing it with the crank case breather but thats eleswhere.

9. Albrecht

Another root around in the dark corners of the garages today has netted this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...which may be more suitable. As before not bent, not rusty and perfectly serviceable. A bit of elbow grease and a few coats of silver zinc spray would bring it up nicely. Even found a pair of the correct throttle return springs to go with it.

10. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Alan what other rarities lurk in those garages I wonder?

11. Albrecht

Well, there's a *mystery item* of yours sitting - still wrapped up - in a corner for a start. Hasn't moved since it arrived from NZ several years ago... ;)

Rarities? Possibly one of the rarer pieces is not automotive at all, but has a neat connection to our cars by way of the manufacturer. It's a 1940s magnesium aircraft wheel from a Japanese warbird that took part in the Pacific War, manufactured by Kobe Seiko. Quite possibly from a Nakajima Ki-43 'Hayabusa', which - some will know - is also a kind of distant ancestor to our cars in that Nakajima Hikoki was absorbed into the conglomerate which itself eventually morphed into Prince Motors. Prince was merged with Nissan in 1966, whilst Kobe Seiko continued on to become bigger and more diverse, but still made magnesium wheels for Nissan's race and rally activities until the mid Seventies...

[​IMG]

12. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Firstly apologies for the delayed response, I've just got back from North Wales for the weekend.

Secondly, WOW! Thank you very much for the kind offer and for taking the time to look though your collection :bow:

If the offer stands and your willing to part with it then the second one which you found with the cutouts would appears to be correct for the age of our car per the link to Z therapy as provided by Sean, and perfect! especially with the correct throttle return springs as well :thumbs: I'll drop you a PM to sort details but that would be fantastic :cheers:

I think the first one you posted up is from a 1969-70 car by the looks of things... I'll likely look to get it powder coated to freshen it up and give it some good protection, if not I'll get the spray paint out but it looks in really good condition.

In light of this does anyone know the what size the mounting bolts for these are? as I'll need to pickup 4.

13. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Your PM inbox is full so I can't message you, however I've posted on your visitor page if that makes sense? If not PM your email and I'll email you.

14. Albrecht

Package sent on its way to you today via Special Delivery. You should have it tomorrow.

15. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

16. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

You sir are a Legend! :cheers: Do you not want payment for it?

On another note if anyone can advise what size the mounting bolts are for this then that would be much appreciated as I'll need to pick some up very shorty now :)

17. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

That is cool! Just how many outbuildings do you have?!

18. Albrecht

Don't let your imagination run away with you. My 'property portfolio' really isn't as glamorous as it might sound...

[​IMG]

19. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Classic! That 'lucky' horseshoe doesn't seem to have been put in a very lucky place. Mind your head! ;)

20. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

The hipster beard suits you Sir! :D