240 zg

JK240

Club Member
Great 4 page article on the 240 ZG that was at the NEC last year in the latest Classic Cars. It really is a gorgeous looking machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Maybe not that many zg lovers out there jk240.
But I absolutely love them.
I haven't seen the article but I've had a sneak preview a few months ago.
The car could look better IMO, but it's a genuine zg and it's here in the uk, so that's good news in my book.

richiep

Club Member
I assume that it's Jane's car that is featured?

If so, I agree Rahail. There's a number of small things about that car that would irk me and my perfectionist streak (the boat anchor flat tops would need to go and some new door handles that are chromed and not painted silver would be needed!), but as you note, a very rare beast in the UK.

I love ZGs too. So there's at least a handful of us around!

JK240

Club Member
Rare not just in the UK, one of just 3 in Europe if the article is correct and yes it is the car you mentioned Richie.

We seem to have very similar tastes when it comes to Z's Rahail :D

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
the boat anchor flat tops would need to go

Why? They are how (some?) of the JDM ZG's came from the factory, so if you change these how would you keep that "factory look"? I have seen pictures of ZG's with their original steel wheels and hub caps....

Boat anchor carbs only to those who can't set them up right.

richiep

Club Member
Okay - I was under the impression that the flat tops would not have been standard on that vehicle (too early). If I was wrong, I stand corrected.

I was talking about my personal opinion/tastes - if I had a bone stock 240ZG with steel wheels, hub caps, and flat top carbs, all of the above would be removed and replaced with items to my taste. While I am not into wild mods (as suggested by the generally "traditional" upgrades to my car), "Factory look" is not a particular concern to me.