1973 UK 240Z for sale RHD

NikWilson

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
The time has come to sell YER113M. My new house needs a new roof and the value of the car = the price of the roof!

1.8.73 rego date. 1st day of the M plate.

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-features-heroes/datsun-240z-ph-heroes/30264

It is as good as the day the full restoration was done and a credit to Steve B. Lots of spare parts both new and old. It is one of the best in the UK without any arguments and I have looked after it now for 4+ years in a heated garage.

History of the restoration with the car.

The price reflects the quality. - no work needed - all done.
22k miles on the clock.

£42,000.00 with a little bit of negation possible.

Only done 20 miles since the last MOT in 2016 and just had the master brake cylinder re built and re-sleved with stainless steel liner and servo repainted and OE serial number sticker refitted.

New plastic seat covers and trans tunnel check plastic comes with the car in case you want to take off the trans tunnel carpet and leather faced seats.

OE push button radio and OE electric aerial fitted. Genuine items. The radio has a MP3 conversion in the rear of the unit. Radio push buttons all work.

New rear hatch seal provided to replace at some point in time if I am being picky.

Fitted with rear alloy louvers.

On Pistonheads as the PH hero car for the 240Z.

5 speed box.

Still running points and lead additive.

07778 875936 or 01362 687635

nikwilson01@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

datsfun

Club Member
Good luck with sale. Very well known car, I remember it from when Steve had it and it's a cracking car.

PS- you must live in a mansion or have very expensive builders for a roof to set you back 40 large!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
..I remember when Richard Laine had it !:lol:
And me
Great fun was had with him, me, you and Trevor Rainer tanking down the road in Holland to try and catch the Ferry
Me and Richard decided we had jumped a few to many red lights and left you and Trevor to carry on only for you both to arrive at the terminal to see the other Z owners waving from the back of the ferry as it left port
Did not Richards car break something just after leaving the ferry in the UK on his way home

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
We didn't jump lights - we anticipated them.

Yes he did but can't remember if he limped home or AA-ed it.

1990 wasn't it ?

NikWilson

Well-Known Forum User
Good luck with sale. Very well known car, I remember it from when Steve had it and it's a cracking car.

PS- you must live in a mansion or have very expensive builders for a roof to set you back 40 large!

Late queen Anne, early Georgian old Church Rectory. Not the size of the house, but the cost of the tiles and some of the timbers and the bats I have to get moved out. Whole thing is a nightmare and the house insurance will not cover it. I have allowed £35k for the roof and c£5k for a contingency fund for bad timber that I cannot see yet.

I still have the PMC 1967 Skyline S57 1500 and the 1979 240K GT Datsun Skyline. But feel that the 240Z needs to go to someone who will drive it - it is wasted on me. Done 500 Miles in 4 years if I am lucky - but everyone a joy to drive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Henley

Club Member
Great car I knew it when Steve had it, it gave me the inspiration to do mine, worth every penny being asked of it. Good luck with the sale, just hope it stays in the UK.

TimW

Club Member
Hi Nik,

Nice car and good luck with the sale.

Can I ask, what details are on the label/decal on the Air Filter Housing? I've hunted high and low on the net and yours is the only car I've seen it on. I was just about to do a thread on it, but just noticed it in the pistonheads photos.

Would appreciate if you've got a mo to let me know what's printed/embossed on it, I'm hoping to get one made up, but not the slightest idea what was on it.

Attachments

• AirCleanerDecal.jpg
    AirCleanerDecal.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 50

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nik,

Can I ask, what details are on the label/decal on the Air Filter Housing? I've hunted high and low on the net and yours is the only car I've seen it on. I was just about to do a thread on it, but just noticed it in the pistonheads photos.

Would appreciate if you've got a mo to let me know what's printed/embossed on it, I'm hoping to get one made up, but not the slightest idea what was on it.

It's a small plate riveted on which has a part Number on it.

NikWilson

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nik,

If you give me an email address - I will send you a close up pic from my iPhone.

Hi Nik,

It transpires that not all airboxes were the same, differing designs/stickers/decals/plates depending on the year and market, This was new info to me last week.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It transpires that not all airboxes were the same, differing designs/stickers/decals/plates depending on the year and market, This was new info to me last week.

I'm simply surprised that you were.....there must be dozens if not hundreds of such differences......if one has at all listened to 'him'.:bow:

TimW

Club Member
Great, thanks guys, that's one step closer. If it's a part number, then at guess I think it may be the same across all of these type. Not sure, but I don't think these ones had the gold type sticky decals, just the riveted plate. It's the plate info I'm after at the mo.

Much appreciated Nik, will pm my email. Thank you.