$1500 LHD Cali 1974 260ZED Rolling Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Cali LHD 74 260Zed rolling shell, very minimal rust and no sign of accident damage.

Has doors, wings, hatch, dash, and tail lights attached.

Does not include hood or loose items inside the car.

Engine available for $200 extra, no transmission in vehicle although it was a 4 speed car.

Doors, rockers, roof, hatch, slam panel, floors, and battery box in good shape. Hood hinge area and rad support in good shape too.

Spare tire well has rust through but I do have a good one cut out and available for $100

Price is $1500 USD plus shipping to the UK @ $1500 to $2000????

I have lots of parts available at extra cost that can be placed in car prior to shipping.

I have several members that have parts that need to go across the pond which may help defer shipping costs.

Sold with bill of sale as parts car.

California title is available at an extra cost of $250.

Message Mike with any additional questions.

Link to additional pictures:http://imgur.com/a/c41zu

KTCf38c.jpg
[/IMG]

KRDEq6e.jpg
[/IMG]

QTK5Pv0.jpg
[/IMG]

qVktl7F.jpg
[/IMG]

3aW4jFu.jpg
[/IMG]

h51eXeV.jpg
[/IMG]

s7PW3vJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

johnymd

Club Member
You can ship as parts Sean. You will never be able to use it on the road in the destination country though IMO. Best bet is to get the tittle as well IMO.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You will never be able to use it on the road in the destination country though IMO.

Parts might attract more VAT- no ?

And don't be silly...of course it can be used on the road here with a nip and tuck - why else would someone buy a clean shell ?;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It may even be worth buying for chopping up and using as spare panels/sections?

That way it's cheaper and no risk.

Am I correct or off my head?

richiep

Club Member
It may even be worth buying for chopping up and using as spare panels/sections?

That way it's cheaper and no risk.

Am I correct or off my head?

Seems a bit extreme when all you need to do is pay $250 as Mike says to get the title document reissued. Then it can be imported, restored, and registered without a problem.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Seems a bit extreme when all you need to do is pay $250 as Mike says to get the title document reissued. Then it can be imported, restored, and registered without a problem.

Yes but someone could just cut it up and sell the bits.

Restoring this would be a far harder task and require financial outlay. Just thinking out loud really.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Looks a good candidate for conversion to right hand drive. Surely too good to chop up?

johnymd

Club Member
By the time you have the shell over here you are going to be in it for over £3k. Would you get your money back with the sale of panels? I think you would be better off by buying it to use as a car, although you will need quite a few bits. You would save quite a bit on shipping by charging maybe £80 a panel if you get them shipped in the car.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Getting ready to leave for the shop in a few minutes but wanted to chime in about the extra panels that would be shipped in the car.

I think John's price per panel is in the ball park however the number of panels would depend on what the shell buyer wanted to place in the car first. The more parts they want with the car, the less room for money re-coop parts.

Regarding the $250 for title, that is what I pay a gal to do all the required paperwork and vin verification to get a Cali title.

I will start another thread on the parts that I have available but here is a pic that shows some of them.

qgaYgEn.jpg
[/IMG]

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

SacCyclone

Club Member
Thanks John.

Here is a link to the parts I have. http://imgur.com/a/2sEsU

I will update the list weekly or so as we pull more parts out of the sea containers.

The transmissions shown are currently all 4 speeds, some series 1.

Doors are 240 series 2 and 280.

Hatches are mostly series 2 with a series 1 available now and again.

The red doors have been sold and are waiting for shipping.

Mike

SacCyclone

Club Member
Hi Franky, yes I have a few but not selling.

If you are in the market for one send me a PM and we can make that happen. They do come up for sale a few times a year locally.

Mike

SacCyclone

Club Member
Ok,

Well the car has not sold so I am going to add some parts to the car so that the exterior is looking complete, add the 260 engine to the deal, and add title to the car.

Will start another thread with new pics and price in a few days.

Cheers.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Geez, the stock market is at all time highs and the economy seems to be plugging along.

I still think there will be a downturn in the economy this year due to an aging population not spending like they use to and younger folks not having good paying jobs and still living at home with the parents. We have 10,000 baby boomers retiring everyday here so the vacation industry is doing well as is the medical industry.

We will see what happens in the next 6 months, maybe riots in the streets who knows. A lot of libs hate trump and are very vocal about it.

The classic car market is still going strong and will continue that way until the stock market takes a dump and everyone gets scared like in 2008.

Standing by.

Status
Not open for further replies.