£37 of parts from the USA - £19 duty plus £13.50 handling fee

madda

Well-Known Forum User
It's criminal and I'm sure the comodity codes from brake pads and gaskets mean the duty should be low.

My problem is, arguing with HMRC is not worth my time :(

Has anyone else had similar recently through ParcelForce?

Farmer42

Club Member
Yeah. Ordered £49 worth of heater hoses from Motorsport Auto and ended up costing me over £100 delivered. Why do they tax shipping costs into the UK when it has nothing to do with this country?:confused:

Legal extortion!!!:mad:

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
I was lucky with my US order. Ordered 4k of stuff and only had to pay £126 in customs charges. Was expecting a lot more. Really dont know how they calculate it!

richiep

Club Member
AFAIK, if it's under 60 quid total (including postage) there should be no duty to pay.

They take the utter **** with that handling fee though OP. Absolute WTF.

Sometimes you get away with it though. A few years ago, when I bought my twin pipe exhaust system from Japan, I paid about 60quid duty and fees. Despite that fact that the system cost, including express shipping, £1600!! I considered that a result!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You (like us) are taxed upon the REAL value of goods imported ie what it cost to ship them.

What gets ME are the admin charges and then VAT on top which are frequently MORE than the VAT on the goods/shipping !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is the admin charge optional i.e. can you refuse to pay it like DHL admin charges?

Optional ?

You refuse to pay it here - you don't get your goods....I suppose you could call that a choice ! :D

Nice to hear from you on here again.:cool: