l28

1. aj280z

Building My Dream Z - 1978 280z

Hi all, it's taken me a while to start a thread on my car - but better late than never, right? Lets take it back to the start... Ever since Petrolicious dropped the 240z "Dare to be Different" film, I knew my dream car was a Datsun Z. The body lines, the noise (oh god, the noise!), the...
  2. M-j-b

Your opinions please

So..... L28 engine with an N42 block and N42 head. It's basically the very first iteration with smog kit. EGR, Charcoal, Cat. All this is going. Plan: Lightened billet flywheel Jenvey intake (independant 6 x TB upgrade) with injectors Fast EFI upgrade Zstory race sport header, line and JDM...
  3. M-j-b

Here we go.... 76 280z rebuild/restomod

After what feels like a year, actually a couple of months. We have received our 280z. A final project for my son and I before he finishes his last year at uni and goes of to adult somewhere far away.. I bought the car as a non runner, putting body condition over anything else. Car is complete...
  4. Z

Engine problems

First off im new to the Z Club and have searched to see if i could find some answers but came up empty handed. So, I have a 78 280 with an 82 turbo engine that im running NA. I bought the car not running fixxed a relay and it ran. The distributor was bad so i replaced it and put new plugs...
  5. 1978 datsun fairlady Z

1978 datsun fairlady Z

heres my baby in tokyo before she was put on a boat for ireland. its not really a 280z. this is a jap car and was fitted with a 2.0 litre originally. during its extensive restoration an L28 was dropped into it (bored to 3.0)
  6. 1978 datsun fairlady Z

1978 datsun fairlady Z

heres my baby in tokyo before she was put on a boat for ireland. its not really a 280z. this is a jap car and was fitted with a 2.0 litre originally. during its extensive restoration an L28 was dropped into it (bored to 3.0)
  7. 1978 datsun fairlady Z

1978 datsun fairlady Z

8. 1978 datsun fairlady Z

1978 datsun fairlady Z

9. 1978 datsun fairlady Z

1978 datsun fairlady Z

10. Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 4

Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 4

Just needs part of the throttle linkage back from the chromer, some carb tweaking (sort those tight mixture screw threads out) and a couple of other minor things and the engine is done. In this pic, you can see the oil pressure cutoff switch and wiring that I decided to add to the pump setup...
  11. Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 3

Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 3

Just needs part of the throttle linkage back from the chromer, some carb tweaking (sort those tight mixture screw threads out) and a couple of other minor things and the engine is done.
  12. Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 2

Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 2

Just needs part of the throttle linkage back from the chromer, some carb tweaking (sort those tight mixture screw threads out) and a couple of other minor things and the engine is done.
  13. Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 1

Nearly finished!! 16/3/08 Pic 1

14. Shiny L28 #1

Shiny L28 #1

Header and triple carbs fitted. Features Dellorto DHLA40s - carb bodies hand mirror-polished (don't ask me how long that took me!), intake polished. Next jobs - fitting of Arizona Z Car crossflow rad, fit exhaust
  15. Shiny L28 #3

Shiny L28 #3

16. Shiny L28 #2

Shiny L28 #2

17. Surgery underway!

Surgery underway!

Went in (engine and gearbox together) very easily and quickly - the fun bit was then fastening the gearbox tailshaft up!!
Back