280z

1. GAwes

1983 280zx Turbo Project Car - New Turbo - Polished L28ET - Georgia

Located in Sharpsburg, GA (about 45 mins south of Atlanta) I have an unfinished project 280zx Turbo for sale. I'm only asking for 1800 for it because I'm hoping it goes to a good home in the Z community. L28ET engine was completely taken apart, cleaned, machine polished, and reassembled with new...
  2. Aiden J

1977 LHD 280z - Fresh Californian import

Sold as a rolling shell for restoration. Fresh Californian import 1977 Datsun 280z. Left hand drive Comes with all glass (crack in the windscreen) and original rear louvres. Rolls freely. No engine or transmission. Comes with diff and back axles. Will need work done to floor pans and door...
  3. aj280z

Building My Dream Z - 1978 280z

Hi all, it's taken me a while to start a thread on my car - but better late than never, right? Lets take it back to the start... Ever since Petrolicious dropped the 240z "Dare to be Different" film, I knew my dream car was a Datsun Z. The body lines, the noise (oh god, the noise!), the...
  4. solitarysensei

Transmission & Diff Choice for 2JZ-GTE VVTi swap in a ‘77 280Z

Hey all, Hope you’re good. I’ve been browsing the HybridZ forums a bit but I’ve not managed to find anything specific to the swap that I’m doing. I have a 280z and a 2JZ-GTE VVTi and not sure whether to mate with either a T56 Magnum F or a CD009. Please feel free to direct me to a thread which...
  5. MammothMedia

Zero rust, Highly modified, perfect 1976 280z for sale

I'm thinking about putting my 280z up for sale. It's been abit of a garage queen and only really comes out for shows and magazine photoshoots. Kept in a dry and secure storage facility, well looked after and sponsored by Meguiars. I have hundreds of photos from shows and photoshoots and a decent...
  6. BenjEtch

280z Air Flow Meter Problems (Flap gets stuck)

Hi all, I got my 280z back up and running with a replacement pump and filter, however, I took it on a loop around the estate and it cut out when I blipped the accelerator and then released it. The flap on the AFM had got stuck 60% open, so I tapped it with a hammer which released it. I then...
  7. Classic Z

280z on Salvage Hunters Tomorrow 2nd June 9pm

Just to let everyone know that my old 280z will be on salvage car hunters tomorrow on Quest at 9pm. I sold it to them about 1.5y ago. Hope it will be interesting
  8. BenjEtch

280z Cranks but won't start

Hi all, wondering if anyone can shed any light on the problems I'm having with my 280z! My 280z was running great on Friday, then on Saturday it wouldn't start and I had to jump start it a couple of times throughout the day. I gave it a good blast throughout the day as there is still some old...
  9. MammothMedia

UK S30 280Z brakes needed!

Hi there. My '75 280z is in need of Rear wheel cylinders x2 (left needed asap) Break shoes set of 4 Standard Cam shaft (racing cam currently fitted) If you can help out, it would be hugely appreciated!! ❤️
  10. BenjEtch

What Nuts & Bolts? - Ben's 280z

Hi all, Currently on the hunt for a nut and bolt kit for my 280z. I've found these two listings on eBay, one of which was from a previous thread I've read on the forum, but there's at least £50 different and they're both from Aus. It seems like the lengths and grades might be different too...
  11. BenjEtch

Ben's 280Z (Previously Owned By SacCyclone)

Hi all, this is my first post here as an owner! I finally pulled the trigger on buying a 1975 280Z back in May from Mike aka SacCyclone (what a great guy). I had it shipped from California to Manchester UK - arriving yesterday morning. I have plenty of ideas for my Z and I'm sure I will be...
  12. K

Looking for 240/260/280 Z first project car

Hi all, I've done a fair bit of research and have decided that I would like the 240z (series) as my first project car. I'm looking for basically a rolling chassis, but with minimal rust. As I've seen on the forums its hard to come by one with minimal rust, and if you do, its likely been done...
  13. M-j-b

Here we go.... 76 280z rebuild/restomod

After what feels like a year, actually a couple of months. We have received our 280z. A final project for my son and I before he finishes his last year at uni and goes of to adult somewhere far away.. I bought the car as a non runner, putting body condition over anything else. Car is complete...
  14. BenjEtch

280z Exhaust System Recommendations

Hi all, relatively new here! Any recommendations for a 280z exhaust system either with manifold or without. Thanks in advance!
  15. Herc34es

Datsun Evaluation

Hello! Please my apologies if this is not the correct place to put it :S I am really new to purchasing classic cars and I am always very skeptical with making the right purchase (my wife will murder me for buying a datsun over a 2021 car.). I found this datsun...
  16. Dyst

Exhaust manifold difference?

Hi, I am looking into purchasing an exhaust manifold for my 1975 280z, but the one I want says "1977-1978 Datsun 280Z (2.8L Non-Turbo) 1979-1983 Datsun 280ZX (2.8L Non-Turbo) Fits Non-Turbo Models with 2.8L L28E SOHC I6 Engines Only" in the description I asked if it would fit and they said the...
  17. Classic Z

Sourcing gears for a 5 speed box

Hi Does anyone know where to buy or even if it is possible to buy gears for the 5 speed original 280z box. I have removed my gearbox in order to replace seals, clutch etc and noticed that there is wear to the reverse gear. I have been trying to buy a new reverse gear from USA but can't find...
  18. Classic Z

280z transmission to propshaft seal issues

Hi I am going through my 280z and sorting out all of the oil leaks. I recently bought the seal that goes in the back of my gearbox where the yoke from the prop shaft slides into as there was a leak there. I bought the seal from z store in USA. I removed the prop shaft and replaced the seal...
  19. Classic Z

280z efi to weber electrical issues

Hi I have a 1977 280z which I am converting to triple webers. I am having difficulty with the wiring and hoping someone who has been through this could help or point me in the right direction. My 1977 280z has been fitted with a 280zx distributor and was installed by the previous owner. I...
  20. Classic Z

Triple webber carbs

Hi Has anyone got any experience in buying triple webber kits from UK. It's for my 280z am going to go with a webber setup. I have looked at 2 UK companies. Webcon and classiccarbs. Co. Uk Does anyone have any experience with these companies or can recomend any others. A full kit including...