Finally! New RHD steering racks from TTT

richiep

Club Member

$695

A brand new off-the-shelf solution from a trusted brand. 700 bucks isn’t terrible really. Especially when I can avoid having to pay shipping and just have it sent to the in-laws in MA and bring it home in the luggage next time we are there (were I to want one).

Ian

Club Member
Good to have if needed.

Need to have a look and see how the ratio compares to my later 260Z ratio.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
This is awesome news! The price really isn't that bad given you are getting something brand new!!!

The one thing I disagree with is their solid coupler. When I used one on mine, I found it way too harsh for long journeys and my hands felt like I had been holding a sander for an hour and a half. You know that buzzing feeling, right?

But if your intended use is track - then I'm sure it's great!

Farmer42

Club Member
This is awesome news! The price really isn't that bad given you are getting something brand new!!!

The one thing I disagree with is their solid coupler. When I used one on mine, I found it way too harsh for long journeys and my hands felt like I had been holding a sander for an hour and a half. You know that buzzing feeling, right?

But if your intended use is track - then I'm sure it's great!
Agree with Ali on the coupler. The poly coupling is much firmer but not as harsh on the hands as the solid coupler. Good price for the rack though and you can get the outer track rod ends from RockAuto if you dont want to pay the price for the TTT ones.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I just looked at this again and shipping + 20% import duties (I assume it's 20%) - and you have a brand new rack for a shade over £700! I find this a very tempting proposition for faster steering with no 40+ year wear / slop - if only it wasn't the year of the Derrière for me. Maybe next year ;)

Come on @Alphabettispaghetti - you know it makes sense! ;)