Best way to refurb sump pan?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Is that a request for a gasket too? :)
Think I've got one, just not 100% and don't want to offer when I'm unsure of what I've got.

Not planning to do sump anytime soon, thanks for offer though 👍

Waiting on my glass fibre parts from DS composites and getting a quote to ceramic coat my exhaust system 🤯

RJRACIN 240

Forum User
Come over once a year for Christmas holidays, as light as those are could have brought them over for you!

When installing those, be sure to take a steel block and tap down any irregularities in the sealing surface, a lot of times they will get distorted and not allow for proper sealing.

Robotsan

Club Member
Come over once a year for Christmas holidays, as light as those are could have brought them over for you!

When installing those, be sure to take a steel block and tap down any irregularities in the sealing surface, a lot of times they will get distorted and not allow for proper sealing.

We'll have to remember that for next Christmas! :)

Thanks, good tip. I also saw something about using zip ties to keep the gasket in place or something.. I'll have to dig that out, but people in the thread I read said it was genius.

Pondo

Club Member
We'll have to remember that for next Christmas! :)

Thanks, good tip. I also saw something about using zip ties to keep the gasket in place or something.. I'll have to dig that out, but people in the thread I read said it was genius.
Yes, this is a good tip as they can be fun to fit.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
The inside won't be rusty. The baffle is spot welded on, so you're power file should be able to release it without holing the sump. You can't really clean it thoroughly without removing the baffle. Will need to be welded back on.
If you get the outside blasted and painted while the baffle is off, you can be confident there's no media in it at the end.
Don't paint the inside 😜
@Robotsan actually, bad advice there. Weld the baffle back on after blasting and cleaning, but before painting. Otherwise the heat of the welding will ruin the paint. 🙄