candy red resto pics what do u think made bigger

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
Stupid question, but are you doing all the restoration work yourself?
Respect either way man, but if you are doing it all...Damn!?! You should be in business

jaydeescuba

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
Scrub that last comment...I also have spent the last hour or so reading every comment, and examining every photo.
I have owned at least half dozen 280s over the years, always drawing looks and praise, and I've also owned a couple of z31's. Currently I'm restoring one, in white,uk car, manual, turbo and, judging by the standard you set here,I too have some long hours of work ahead.
But I just wanted to say respect for the process, as well as the dedication you've shown, and I hope to meet both you, and the standard you've set sometime soon.
In Awe man...B-)

jaydeescuba

candy red

Club Member
Thanks Jay for your great comments glad you spent the time to look through the whole restoration thread ,also glad you enjoyed it and don't feel it was an hour of you life wasted:cheers:thought this thread had gone to ground so please people are still looking at it and may give them inspiration to do there cars to a similar standard or even better ;):thumbs:

Derrick:)

Thanks to everone who's left comments good to know what you all think

Last edited by a moderator:

jordanmrt

New Forum User
wow!!! you said it was nice but not that nice that has to be the cleanest 280zx iv ever seen and i see what you mean about the colour poping it really does stand out :) great work D defo better than out the factory,, if my 240 turnes out half as good id be a happy man

art b

Well-Known Forum User
Having been in Derricks garage last night...

It looks just the same,..:p

only now there's a 260 getting ripped apart...:bow:

candy red

Club Member
Well the Car has just had it 4th mot since being fully restored passed with flying colours ,no advisories used as much as i can when i can :D

took these pics while up on the post lift still looking good

pleased with how the underside is still looking :)

uk66fastback

Club Member
Those cowl panels look similar to the first gen Mustangs. Ford didn't rustproof them in any way and they just rust out and you have to drill out 200 spot welds to get to the rust. First thing you know about the extents of the rust is wet feet - presume Z cars are the same ...

You're doing a bang up job mate, the way it should be done looking at other threads :D

status

Well-Known Forum User
Anywhere near Stansted Del,gone past your place twice since ,but no room in van,I'll bell yer to sort wheel delivery out

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Nice one Derrick and yes it does still look good underneath. :thumbs:

I noticed that it has UJ driveshafts, to prove what I was told on another Thread ( I thought they were all CVs.).

candy red

Club Member
Great news looks like Photobucket have lifted there 3rd party viewing charge so i think all the old restoration threads can now be viewed properly once again.

Derrick :)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Great news looks like Photobucket have lifted there 3rd party viewing charge so i think all the old restoration threads can now be viewed properly once again.

Derrick :)
Great news! Time to PDF your favourites in case hey change their minds again!!! ;)

Ian

Club Member
Still looks pretty clean underneath.

I can never understand how mine gets so dirty underneath, I never drive it in the wet, I think brake dust and tyre dust is a lot of it,

WazzaJB

Club Member
Hey Derrick,

Just been through the whole thread after taking on an S130 this weekend. I have a tremendous amount of respect for how good of a job you've done and in such short time as well.

Massive kudos and great car!