2018 season

ben240z

Club Member

Hannah's last run at Llandow sprint. 100.12 seconds for 1 3/4 laps. Steph did a 101 second run. Both girls got quicker throughout the day and were chasing a turbo MR2 that was there last year and managed a 98 second run. Amazing circuit. They are now pushing hard enough to get the tyres up to a temperature where they are collecting discarded rubber. Probably 3 to 4 hours work to clean them off for Pembrey at the beginning of June

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Nice run.

Llandow was always the last stage on the Welsh Rally in the 70s (but without those chicanes).

ben240z

Club Member
Nice run.

Llandow was always the last stage on the Welsh Rally in the 70s (but without those chicanes).
They put the far chicane in because so many people disappeared through the hedge at the end of the straight. It is a great circuit. Wish I had been driving.
Must find an event up your way sometime Rob so you can see the girls in action

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
They put the far chicane in because so many people disappeared through the hedge at the end of the straight. It is a great circuit. Wish I had been driving.
Must find an event up your way sometime Rob so you can see the girls in action

'My way' is Curborough really for sprints.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ben, don't arrange anything especially for me but keep me informed please. I'm on holiday the weekend of 11/12th August.

ben240z

Club Member
Anyone in the west wales area this weekend? The girls are running the Z at the sprint at Pembrey both Saturday and Sunday

ben240z

Club Member
Not the best weekend we have had as an intermittent electrical gremlin visited us but another strong display of courage and driving from the girls. Good to meet Gary again and sorry that you did not get to see the car flying more.
Stephs final run 129 seconds for 1 3/4 laps at pembrey

Last edited:

ben240z

Club Member
Off to Abingdon for the Car-nival sprints on Saturday. Early start if anyone wants to get in as spectators have to be in by 8am.

ben240z

Club Member
Well I have been and gone and done it now. The Wiscombe meetings 1st 2nd Sept see me back in the Z sharing with Hannah. Not my favourite hill but very challenging so probably a good hill to get back into the car as it will slow me down..
Anyone in the area that weekend come and say hi

ben240z

Club Member
Entries confirmed for the sprints at Curborough sprint course this weekend. Two days of competition. The girls first visit to the venue so interesting to see how they get on.

https://goo.gl/maps/FTp1erGHotN2

google maps link to the venue

Be good to see any Datsun lovers there

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Best wishes to the girls Ben. I'm on holiday but I do know Curborough - it's a bit 'tight' for your car. My lad found it tight on his push-bike!

ben240z

Club Member
Well the last meeting of the season is upon us due to holidays so 1st 2nd September we head to Honiton and Wiscombe park for 2 days of fun. Steph cant make it so I get a guest drive with Hannah for the weekend. Will be quite emotional as we have not shared a drive this season and it is a long time since I have driven Wiscombe.. Anyone in the area come and say hi