protecting polished alloy rims

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
ive been polishing my alloy wheels and find they fur up fast with oxide, what is the best way to protect them after polishing?
when i googled it there are so many answers i dont know what would be the right/best way.
some recommend wd40 and similar products applied with a rag so you can get it back off easily to re polish (in my mind if polished then protected properly this wouldn't be require??)
others say a wheel wax as it gives better protection but is harder to get back off if re polishing is required (this is kind of what i was thinking of doing but dont want a problem further down the line if i need to redo them).

alternatively do i just get them painted/ powder coated and same myself all the hassle??
these look like the wheel i have https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d...AUICigB&biw=1799&bih=900#imgrc=sDo0-r65yMDzuM:

Huw

Club Member
I use Britemax Final Shine. It’s a metal polish and sealant. Never had corrosion come back. I also use a coating of Armourall Shield for wheels over winter after a good polish with Britemax. Brake dust doesn’t build up on it. You can get the Britmax range from
www.frost.co.uk

Works for me.

15CBD049-BC7A-4AC4-8101-2FF6F58F82EE.jpeg

atomman

Club Member
i used to use Aliumagic then autoglym alloy sealent was good and when washed a week later the brake dust would just wash off,