More Donington Historic Ticket info. Good news for the latecomers!

johnymd

Club Member
I just tried to book a space for Sunday to add to the Saturday I've already booked. It shows lots of spaces and now lets me select Sunday but when I try to select my car that is already registered, I can't select it as the tick box is greyed out.

Sorry to be a pain but could someone ask if I can book another way? If not then no problem as I'll try and pop over from Silverstone to check out the cars and meet a few people on Saturday.

I don't want anyone to go out of their way to fix this as I'm only buying the Sunday ticket so its there in case I can pop up there for a few hours. I'm off to Cannes again early Monday morning so if I come I will need to get home fairly early.

toopy

Club Member
JK, got a question for you. What's the deal with parking on the club stand in the event that my 240z has had mechanical issues and may not be fixed in time? (I'm currently waiting on parts which are stuck in customs that I was hoping I'd have to sort the car this weekend!).

If the Z can't make it I'll be heading up in my 96 JDM MR2 and didn't know whether I could sneak in around the back by the marquee or will I be relegated to the public car park if that's the case?

I was going to ask that as well, as mine is currently on axle stands, pending the fitting of longer wheel bolts to the front hubs, plus new tyres for the bigger wheels which ive just been informed, should arrive next Saturday!!! ordered them 3 days ago!

Can i still use my show ticket to gain access to the normal parking if i have to come in the daily?

JK240

Club Member
JK, got a question for you. What's the deal with parking on the club stand in the event that my 240z has had mechanical issues and may not be fixed in time? (I'm currently waiting on parts which are stuck in customs that I was hoping I'd have to sort the car this weekend!).

If the Z can't make it I'll be heading up in my 96 JDM MR2 and didn't know whether I could sneak in around the back by the marquee or will I be relegated to the public car park if that's the case?
Hi Woody,
In previous years I would have said "no problem" However this year is the first MSV have been in charge so I'm not sure. I would like to think if you've a ticket/infield pass then once in the gate you should just be able to make your way to the stand and park up no problem as has been the case in the past, but don't know for certain with the new regime. Fingers crossed you get the Z ready though..!!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I was going to ask that as well, as mine is currently on axle stands, pending the fitting of longer wheel bolts to the front hubs, plus new tyres for the bigger wheels which ive just been informed, should arrive next Saturday!!! ordered them 3 days ago!

Can i still use my show ticket to gain access to the normal parking if i have to come in the daily?

At Donington normal parking is outside the circuit so you can park there but it's a long walk to the infield.

JK240

Club Member

As per Woody, your ticket will definitely get you in, but I would suggest that, depending what the car is, you will need to park in general parking

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Guys, have you noticed that we use the tunnel at the Esses this year not the dirt track.

JK240

Club Member
I just tried to book a space for Sunday to add to the Saturday I've already booked. It shows lots of spaces and now lets me select Sunday but when I try to select my car that is already registered, I can't select it as the tick box is greyed out.

Sorry to be a pain but could someone ask if I can book another way? If not then no problem as I'll try and pop over from Silverstone to check out the cars and meet a few people on Saturday.

I don't want anyone to go out of their way to fix this as I'm only buying the Sunday ticket so its there in case I can pop up there for a few hours. I'm off to Cannes again early Monday morning so if I come I will need to get home fairly early.
Hi John,
I'll see what is going on with this for you and let you know, cheers.

toopy

Club Member
As per Woody, your ticket will definitely get you in, but I would suggest that, depending what the car is, you will need to park in general parking

Dont mind using general parking, wouldnt want to sully the club stand with a 55 plate Audi!

The main issue is my ticket obviously has the reg number on it, and a big fat number, Im thinking that the people on the gate might think im trying to pull a 'fast one'?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Is that on the tickets Rob?

It's on the email that the ticket is attached to.

Extract:

Entry to the Infield parking area is via the Esses Tunnel. Gates open at 7.30 each day, and cars must arrive by 10am and will be allowed to exit via the tunnel again after 4pm each day.

Attachments

• donington_park_gp_and_nat.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

JK240

Club Member

Hi John

Here you go;

Hes not doing anything wrong, it's the ticketing system that doesn't allow people to book separate day tickets for an individual car. The only way round it is for him to contact msv and ask them to cancel and refund his original order and sell him a three-day weekend package of vehicle display pass, as that is cheaper than two separate days. He can so the same for passenger tickets if he needs to

So if you want to contact the events team via email: events@msv.com or on 01474 875320 they will sort it for you.

JK240

Club Member
Dont mind using general parking, wouldnt want to sully the club stand with a 55 plate Audi!

The main issue is my ticket obviously has the reg number on it, and a big fat number, Im thinking that the people on the gate might think im trying to pull a 'fast one'?

In the FAQ's on MSV website it says;

You can log into your display vehicle homepage and update your vehicle details at any time. However, if you have already applied or had an application to display accepted and you need to change these vehicle details, please contact the events team via email at events@msv.com or on 01474 875320. If you arrive at the event in a different vehicle to the one registered, your ticket will be invalidated and you will be directed to general parking.

Hope that helps.

toopy

Club Member
In the FAQ's on MSV website it says;

You can log into your display vehicle homepage and update your vehicle details at any time. However, if you have already applied or had an application to display accepted and you need to change these vehicle details, please contact the events team via email at events@msv.com or on 01474 875320. If you arrive at the event in a different vehicle to the one registered, your ticket will be invalidated and you will be directed to general parking.

Hope that helps.

Great, thanks for your help :)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Does any know how much general admission is on the day for Saturday or is it £25 same as booking online

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi Woody,
In previous years I would have said "no problem" However this year is the first MSV have been in charge so I'm not sure. I would like to think if you've a ticket/infield pass then once in the gate you should just be able to make your way to the stand and park up no problem as has been the case in the past, but don't know for certain with the new regime. Fingers crossed you get the Z ready though..!!

Thanks mate, I've managed to clear customs on the parts today and my mum has been to the rescue and collected them for me so fingers crossed I'll have the car back on the road from tomorrow assuming everything goes to plan! Was just trying to cover all basis.

If it all goes to hell this weekend then I'll give it a go sneaking into the infield (still being in a classic and JDM car) however if not I'll default to the main car park and enjoy the long walk to the infield! The ticket shoes the car reg however the worst they can say in no at the end of the day. Cheers

hayd350

Forum User
Has anyone received their vehicle display pass / ticket in the post yet? I'm assuming with the slight extension they're holding off on the posting until official numbers are in.
Could be wrong though.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Has anyone received their vehicle display pass / ticket in the post yet? I'm assuming with the slight extension they're holding off on the posting until official numbers are in.
Could be wrong though.
you print them off your self unless you paid the extra to have them posted

see here
WHEN WILL I GET MY TICKETS?

These will come in two separate stages:

1. Your passenger tickets will be E-tickets will be available immediately upon purchase for you to download, unless you select the option to have your tickets posted to you (a charge applies).

2. The Display Vehicle Pass/driver entry ticket will be emailed to you two weeks before the event. This is because we allocate club parking positions once club ticket sales close, and your club parking code will appear on your Display Vehicle Pass/driver entry ticket.

hayd350

Forum User
you print them off your self unless you paid the extra to have them posted

see here
WHEN WILL I GET MY TICKETS?

These will come in two separate stages:

1. Your passenger tickets will be E-tickets will be available immediately upon purchase for you to download, unless you select the option to have your tickets posted to you (a charge applies).

2. The Display Vehicle Pass/driver entry ticket will be emailed to you two weeks before the event. This is because we allocate club parking positions once club ticket sales close, and your club parking code will appear on your Display Vehicle Pass/driver entry ticket.

Appreciated, i was looking for that information, i chose the "Post out" option