S14 Gearbox - Wanted

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi all, has anyone got an unwanted S14 gearbox lying around that they'd be willing to part with in good condition? (if not back to the lottery on ebay)

Having just had the one I bought off of eBay stripped down by a local shop it turns out that second gear has been given some abuse during its life and will not be any good. Don't think replacement gears are viable from my searches so now looking for another box for the conversion.

On a side note if anyone reading knows much about eBay protection, do I have any recourse against the seller if it was sold as in working order?

toopy

Club Member
On a side note if anyone reading knows much about eBay protection, do I have any recourse against the seller if it was sold as in working order?

Unfortunately, working order doesnt mean perfect order, unless expressly mentioned! If its completely shagged maybe :confused:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've bought a few S14 boxes - in fact I gave one away with my old car (another lesson learnt).

One had a whine when in top gear, I got back to the seller and he gave me a partial refund - worth a try.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That's more like it mr Franky. I guess we now need to locate a second gear! ;)

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Cheers for all the input gents.

I'll be trying VA Motorsport and Diftshop to see if they can help in any way. That Kamerai setup looks a bit too rich for my blood unfortunately. Syncro's and bearings aren't a problem to come by just a gearbox that hasn't been abused or munched.

Thanks for the link Ali, I'm already watching that box while I work out my options. Buying another for parts and hoping for the best with getting a good second gear is another option to make the most of what I have. No good options available here.

If anyone see's this and has a spare lying around then I'm still very much interested!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Can I ask what are you going to do with the old one that's not good enough? I'll take it off your hands if you like.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Can I ask what are you going to do with the old one that's not good enough? I'll take it off your hands if you like.

I'll keep you posted Jon, currently holding onto it while I work out my options. I may still try and make one very good box from two boxes, alternatively I may find a gear set to drop in.