More Donington Historic Ticket info. Good news for the latecomers!

JK240

Club Member
I've just had an email from karen at Donington to say that due to there being several late requests from club organisers they have decided to re-open club bookings until 5pm this Sunday 29th April.

So for the likes of Johnymd, Fairlineguy and Franky and any others who missed it, here is your chance to book tickets at the discounted price still.

HOW TO BOOK:

Go to https://shop.msv.com/Account/Register

And set up your account with MSV. Where it asks you for a nickname for your address just say ‘home’. Once you have pressed ‘create account’ and are logged in, please cut and paste this link into your browser:

https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar/Register/DP-18-Historic?club=120

You’ll be taken to a screen that has the ‘rules’ for registering a display car. Click on the box at the bottom of the page to say you accept this and you’ll be taken to a page where you can select your vehicle display pass (important this display pass will also count as your driver entry ticket) for the club’s display parking area in the infield. Select the day or days you want to come. If you want to attend on Saturday and Sunday, select the three-day weekend ticket option as that is the most cost-effective way of booking.

Towards the bottom of the page you’ll see it asks you to say which car you’re bringing. If you’ve not already entered details of your car when you created your account, click on the button which asks you to add a vehicle and then follow the instructions to add your car (where it says upload a photo of your car, just upload a low-res photo of anything - within reason - if you don’t have a pic of your car to hand). Then select that car as the one you want ‘attached’ to the vehicle display pass and press to continue.

You’ll then see a page which asks if you want to buy more tickets - if you won’t have any passengers with you, select ‘no’ and follow the process through to checkout. If you are bringing passengers, select ‘yes’ and follow the process through to checkout.

Once you have booked and paid for your tickets, you might like to check to see if there are any spaces left on the Festival parade laps. These are not booked through MSV but through: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/donington-historic-festival-2018-car-parades-tickets-44477662887

Please note, parade lap spaces are fully booked for the Saturday of the Festival and are fast selling out for the Friday.

JK240

Club Member
Thanks Rob, none of my doing though, but good news hopefully for the people who missed last Friday's deadline.

johnymd

Club Member
I booked my ticket for this but Sunday and weekend were sold out. I booked for the Saturday so I at least I something if I don't go to Silverstone.

JK240

Club Member
I booked my ticket for this but Sunday and weekend were sold out. I booked for the Saturday so I at least I something if I don't go to Silverstone.
That's strange, I thought we still had plenty of space for all days...?? Saturday is usually the busiest day of the weekend, you'd expect that to sell out first if anything was going to.

johnymd

Club Member
Yeah, I should of booked as soon as you mentioned it but thought I had plenty of time. It was showing 25 spaces left for Saturday and some on Friday but sold out for the others.

johnymd

Club Member
Just had another look and its only the Zclub that has no spaces left. If you click on the other clubs, they all have space on all days so it's just us that are over subscribed.

JK240

Club Member
I've just looked too and still think it is strange that Saturday has space but Sunday sold out, would have thought it the other way round..?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I can't understand why we are limited - I would have thought the more the better.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
maybe they have now allocated the plots but still strange that Sunday fully booked if notthey are leaving it late
Do You think it is worth giving Karen a ring to double check numberts they have
Also remember there will also be a few who have not let us know they are coming I know of 3 or 4 from the register who have not let us know

JK240

Club Member
I've sent her a message Steve, even if the plot is allocated there is normally enough room for a few more cars as I suspect we will be in the usual place.

JK240

Club Member
maybe they have now allocated the plots but still strange that Sunday fully booked if notthey are leaving it late
Do You think it is worth giving Karen a ring to double check numberts they have
Also remember there will also be a few who have not let us know they are coming I know of 3 or 4 from the register who have not let us know
I've got a reply from Karen as follows, although perhaps its to late for you John if you've already bought a Saturday ticket...

That will probably be when I reset all the club tickets in a hurry the other day - I literally have to go to every single club in the database, and do an individual setting for each of the three days. Leave it with me and I'll tweak it tonight, so tell people to hold fire until then.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
just had Trish from Ireland on phone and she can only book friday and saturday at the minute told her to wait until tommorrow and try again then

JK240

Club Member
Karen has just messaged me again to say that the booking site is sorted now. I’ve checked too myself and there is plenty of spaces now :thumbs:

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
JK, got a question for you. What's the deal with parking on the club stand in the event that my 240z has had mechanical issues and may not be fixed in time? (I'm currently waiting on parts which are stuck in customs that I was hoping I'd have to sort the car this weekend!).

If the Z can't make it I'll be heading up in my 96 JDM MR2 and didn't know whether I could sneak in around the back by the marquee or will I be relegated to the public car park if that's the case?