The Sunday Scramble. Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire. 22nd April.

Jay.

Club Member
Was good to put a face/person to the name :) And a very nice car you have ;)

Jay it may have been your S30 we spotted and commented on, but I don't recall it having flares and your pic is showing having them.

Yes I like this event and will be back for more.

Not me, mine definitely has flares!

I ended up parking in the field parking as I was told by some unhelpful gentleman said I wasn't allowed to park by the white and the red S30s ... Annoyingly I didn't push into the technical area or I'd of found you guys and hopefully have met up! Ah well.. Next time!

Who owned the white Z that was parked near the tower/porsche area?

I somehow missed the orange and the silver cars, I'm gutted as it'd have been great to bump into you guys!

I found the black/cream owner on Instagram, not sure if they're on here?

It was my birthday weekend so u was with a bunch of my friends and family and we didn't stop around too long, they're not all car lovers unfortunately! Had a really great time though, so many beautiful cars. I'll aim to organise things a bit better next time and get a bunch of us together?

9jGWD1o.jpg

Last edited:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Not me, mine definitely has flares!

I ended up parking in the field parking as I was told by some unhelpful gentleman said I wasn't allowed to park by the white and the red S30s ... Annoyingly I didn't push into the technical area or I'd of found you guys and hopefully have met up! Ah well.. Next time!

Who owned the white Z that was parked near the tower/porsche area?

9jGWD1o.jpg

If it was this white S30 www.260Z.co.uk it was mine, and it had JonBills red 260Z parked next to it for some of the day. Yeah that area you mention was Hagerty insurance. I'm not sure what they were doing. I told them I was insured with them and that was good enough reason to leave my car there lmao and besides it was likely the best bit of promo they got all day ;)

jimyj

Club Member
Yes cracking day out , didnt catch up with any other z owners but was a few i spotted , great turn out

Jay.

Club Member
If it was this white S30 www.260Z.co.uk it was mine, and it had JonBills red 260Z parked next to it for some of the day. Yeah that area you mention was Hagerty insurance. I'm not sure what they were doing. I told them I was insured with them and that was good enough reason to leave my car there lmao and besides it was likely the best bit of promo they got all day ;)

Ahh that would explain it! I should have tried that :p ..

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Nice pic Jake, lots of interesting classics, I think I read somewhere they were expecting 5,000 cars or so although that may have been tickets sold ?
ps were you up a tree, in the control tower, a hot air balloon or something ? ;)

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
The biggest (best ?) show at Bicester is the flywheel 23/24 June.
http://www.flywheelfestival.com

Unbelievable that we do not have a stand at this show or Silverstone Classic which are two of the biggest and best shows around.
Assuming it is not too late, I am prepared to organise a club stand for this event if there is sufficient demand (seems likely based on previous posts above) with direction and permission of the club honcho's.

Any interest ?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
https://www.classicandsportscarshow.com/clubs

hmmmm, well, having read this it seems we are in good time to book as a club but need 50 peeps to attend (not cars) just to get a dedicated stand where we can park together. If we get 20+ we can get 25% off tickets but looks like we would have to arrive together to park together if I am reading it correctly ? Not quite as good as a proper club stand.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

Unbelievable that we do not have a stand at this show or Silverstone Classic.............
Assuming it is not too late, I am prepared to organise a club stand for this event if there is sufficient demand (seems likely based on previous posts above) with direction and permission of the club honcho's.... ?

Chris are you interested in organising a stand at the Silverstone Classic NEXT year for the '50th Anniversary of the Z range' celebrations?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, no problem Roberto........ but what about Z Register who always have a stand at Silverstone Classic ?
Potential shared event with them or is that politically awkward so just Z Club ?

There will be a track parade of course ;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes, no problem Roberto........ but what about Z Register who always have a stand at Silverstone Classic ?
Potential shared event with them or is that politically awkward so just Z Club ?

There will be a track parade of course ;)

Steve is in conversation with the Register about a combined event - we discussed it yesterday too. What we really need is someone to take the helm on our behalf, we have volunteers to help but we really need a 'captain' because it is potentially a big event for us.

Farmer42

Club Member
Didn't need to pay to get into the Bicester Event. Had our own mobile show on the roads getting to and from MK for the Club meeting. One classic car after another!! Wish I had given my Zed a runout:unsure:

Glad to see you got yours going in the end Jake:thumbs:. we watched you disappear into the distance near Bicester on the way home with JonBills following. Did you find the cause?

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Nice pic Jake, lots of interesting classics, I think I read somewhere they were expecting 5,000 cars or so although that may have been tickets sold ?
ps were you up a tree, in the control tower, a hot air balloon or something ? ;)

I didn't take the photos Chris, the tinternet was full of them this morning ;)

Unbelievable that we do not have a stand at this show or Silverstone Classic which are two of the biggest and best shows around.
Assuming it is not too late, I am prepared to organise a club stand for this event if there is sufficient demand (seems likely based on previous posts above) with direction and permission of the club honcho's.

Any interest ?

I'm totally up for this Chris. Was going anyway :)

Didn't need to pay to get into the Bicester Event. Had our own mobile show on the roads getting to and from MK for the Club meeting. One classic car after another!! Wish I had given my Zed a runout:unsure:

Glad to see you got yours going in the end Jake:thumbs:. we watched you disappear into the distance near Bicester on the way home with JonBills following. Did you find the cause?

It just fired up when we got back to it, then took about 10 seconds to start picking up properly and it's been fine since. Am gonna have to get to the bottom of it soon.