Compared to A Zed track car this looks good value

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Used to have a 2.8i Laser in the 90's - boy was it tail happy! ;)

This looks awesome

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'd want paying £25k to be seen in a ford capri

franky, don't knock a car just because of it's 'Joe Public' image. The attached shows me (back) as spanner-man with my twin sister and brother-in-law at an Oulton Park race meeting about 30 years ago! The Capri was an ex Vince Woodman 2.8 and he had a lot of fun in it. The VW Camper in the background was mine - 1.7 Type 4 engine, Westfalia Conversion.

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 20
franky, don't knock a car just because of it's 'Joe Public' image. The attached shows me (back) as spanner-man with my twin sister and brother-in-law at an Oulton Park race meeting about 30 years ago! The Capri was an ex Vince Woodman 2.8 and he had a lot of fun in it. The VW Camper in the background was mine - 1.7 Type 4 engine, Westfalia Conversion.

Its nothing to do with its image. My dad had them as a kid. Just really don't get them.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Its nothing to do with its image. My dad had them as a kid. Just really don't get them.

What don't you get about them? Weren't they Z cool in their time?

Long bonnet, rear drive, working class hero - isn't that what the Z was?

What don't you get about them? Weren't they Z cool in their time?

Long bonnet, rear drive, working class hero - isn't that what the Z was?

I don't like the shape, I never liked the build quality, or the fact they were still based on early chassis design. I think the 'z' was something to aspire to. to me it was just another ford.

They're also very clumsy looking compared to the early s30.

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't like the shape, I never liked the build quality, or the fact they were still based on early chassis design. I think the 'z' was something to aspire to. to me it was just another ford.

They're also very clumsy looking compared to the early s30.

I agree with that, yes they are nowhere near as 'special' as an S30.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Wow that was cheap for all the kit on it - let alone the lovely condition!