Battery.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Battery is deid. 240Z LHD what do I need, either standard or fabby new technology.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Make sure it's for LHD though.:lol:
Thanks for that.
I found a slightly more helpful answer
"I looked at batteries very recently until I passed out. In agreement with everyone else, "Group 24" is what you want if you wish to stay close to OEM, and check your cables and post placement to decide on the issue of 24 or 24F. The following is my opinion and to be considered for what it's worth.... The only downside to the positive post facing the engine is that I could screw up with a wrench, etc. and there it will be to do me in. (I already have a few blue tinted wrenches from past escapades.)- maybe that is Nissan didn't put it there in the first place - I don't know for sure. I did not like the positive under the fender metal, but the hold down system is adequate to prevent disaster - I added a plastic/rubber 'cover' for the terminal, but ended up discarding it and am now comfortable with the placement and hold-down system.
I only mentioned LHD in case anyone had any come across issues with cable lengths to the posts or orientation issues or +ve post being uncomfortably close the inspection hatch.

johnymd

Club Member
I have never liked the battery location but I dislike the hold down frame even more. On the cars I have imported, none of the batteries were secured and we're just left to roam around in this general area. They all had great big long + leads to the starter.

I've not heard of a group 24 or 24f before. Are LHD batteries different to RHD?

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I've not heard of a group 24 or 24f before. Are LHD batteries different to RHD?
I don't know what the original specs were for the battery or if there was a difference between the LHD and RHD spec. However, as a for instance, using one or other of the batteries in the attached link would give you options re where you wanted the -ve and +ve terminals to sit and cable length and routing options.
I was just asking if anyone had any info on the best option!
http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/everstart-24f-automotive-batteries

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Get the biggest varta or bosch one that fits. I've bought a couple from tanya_batteries on ebay in last 18 months - cheap and fast.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Get the biggest varta or bosch one that fits. I've bought a couple from tanya_batteries on ebay in last 18 months - cheap and fast.

What Jon said +1.

Bosch... in car..

Attachments

• DSCF4847.JPG
    DSCF4847.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 37

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
LH and RH batteries have the posts swapped around so using a RH battery on a LHD Z still works but you are likely to have some sparks flying if you're not careful when fitting & removing, I'm sure some of you must already know this from experience :D

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
And fit a cut-off switch (wherever) so you can isolate the battery drom draining if standing for a while - also a useful anti-theft device.

Paul_S

Club Member
Can you tell me which battery you got?

I'm aware that the battery needs to be the right size so it fits in the battery tray and under clamp but I don't know what the correct dimensions are.

toopy

Club Member
This is one i bought a few years ago https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/product/varta-e24/

Its been an excellent battery, I did however have to retro fit a universal type clamp tho, as the OEM one would no longer sit low enough on the top of the battery, and i couldnt get the bolt into the bulk head.
It appears to have the same dimensions of the Bosch one tho, so maybe it was just an idiosyncrasy of my car!