370z GT CF gone clowdy

Cougar

Active Forum User
I have a Seibon GTR35 CF bonnet/spoiler and splitter which were only fitted on my zed last year, I noticed a couple of months ago that the bonnet and spoiler have a white cloudiness in certain lights I have been advised by a CF expert that this is due to a fault by the manufacturer? Personally I would have thought that Sibon would know what they are doing Lol!

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to get it back to its former self? or...will I have to simply get it sprayed?

p.s. sorry admin....I posted this in the wrong thread earlier :blush:
Eibach lowering springs and 20mm rear spacers, 25mm rear spacers, Motordyne XYZ Y-Pipe, Japspeed exhaust, Burk HFC's, Stillen Gen 3 Dual intake, Red Mishimoto hoses, Red Powder coated Strut bar, Seibon CF Engine cover, Seibon CF GTR35 bonnet, Seibon CF spoiler, Seibon CF Fangs, Matt black powder coated Rays

martinmac

Inactive
I have the same issued with my bonnet. I have asked the experts and basically they do this over time. Mine is about five years old though. I have just ordered a new one and will sell the old on after getting it sprayed. The only other way is to get it wrapped really.

Cougar

Active Forum User
Thanks for your reply Martin, a bit daunting after a year...considering the initial cost but I guess they will just have to be Matt Black instead :)

martinmac

Inactive
You are lucky, if I had to take a problem up with anyone he would be my first choice. He has sorted things out for me several times. Then I am about the unluckiest customer ever.

Cougar

Active Forum User
You are lucky, if I had to take a problem up with anyone he would be my first choice. He has sorted things out for me several times. Then I am about the unluckiest customer ever.

Mitz has always been the man to get the parts that I wanted :thumbs:

martinmac

Inactive
Nice one. I bought some wheels off him a while ago as I had smashed one of mine on a rock two days before a big car weekend. They were delivered direct from the supplier to me the next day, 3 black ones and a chrome one. Mitz went down to the suppliers when I told him and got the right on to me the same day. A real star.

Cougar

Active Forum User
Nice one. I bought some wheels off him a while ago as I had smashed one of mine on a rock two days before a big car weekend. They were delivered direct from the supplier to me the next day, 3 black ones and a chrome one. Mitz went down to the suppliers when I told him and got the right on to me the same day. A real star.

Good man! :bow: I just e-mailed him some photo's of the bonnet and spoiler, he is going to contact seibon...with any luck they will replace them .

Another issue ( haha! ) I just tried to reply to you via Tapatalk...couldn't work out how:confused: